Sunday, January 27, 2008

well what the hell am I supposed to do NOW?

Tomorrow will be cd60, and still no sign of AF. I don't know where she's hiding, but she ain't here. Just for shits & giggles, I bought some First Response tests today. Tomorrow morning will have me POAS, simply because that BFN 13 days ago is beginning to fade from my memory.

Assuming that I get that BFN tomorrow morning, which we all know I will, this 60 day cycle crap is ridiculous, even for me. So, I have a new patient appt set up with a new ob/gyn. My concern is that my endo might be back, and if that's the case, I need someone to get up in there and have a look around. New Doc (let's call him Dr. N, cuz I don't have it in me to come up with a creative nickname right now) happens to be my Mom's doc. He's incredibly thorough, practices out of 3 offices on my side of town, and is on the Board of Directors for GIANT LOCAL HOSPITAL SYSTEM. So, I figure the resume + the convenience + knowing how he handled the surgery my Mom had last year = him being worth a shot.

When I called to schedule the appointment, I did ask the receptionist how he handles IF patients (Does he hold on to them in hopes of finding a magic pill (ie, Clomid) to work? Does he refer out? If so, to who?). I learned that he's got a few patients still with their office that are on Clomid, but he's also referred patients on to Dr. K, who happens to be my former RE. But, he's also open to checking out other REs, if I have someone I'd be interested in.

So, no news is still... well... no news. But, we have the POAS festivities planned for the morning, and then we have an appointment with a REAL. LIVE. DOCTOR. (vs Dr. Google, or Dr. Blog Readers, or Dr. HDs... all of whom I love dearly, but none of whom are going anywhere near my bidness) for Fri, Feb 1.

I'd ask you to wish me something.... but I don't know what. A BFP tomorrow morning? Last I checked I didn't see any pig's flying out the living room window. AF to arrive & mitigate my endo fears? That'd be nice, but do we really ever wish AF on each other (unless waiting for a cycle to start up)? Perhaps wish me a good intake appointment, way in advance.

Oh, and a MIL update: (backstory can be found here), first round of treatment in (but took a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time). She's still in the hospital, and I have no idea when she might be discharged. 2nd treatment scheduled for next Thur (I think), and will have 2 more weekly treatments after that. Still no test results (that I've heard, but the Grumpy One is at the hospital visiting now, so maybe there are new developments that I just don't know.).

3 Comments:

Meredith said...

You're right we won't be going near your bidness, so I will wish for a BFP tomorrow (ya never know) and a great appt on the 1st. Thats what a week away? A quick week then too. Yay for doc appts!

Pamela T. said...

Sorry about the endo worries. As one who has undergone two laps, do make sure your new ob/gyn understands this condition and how to treat it or gets you to a new RE that can do the job. (Like this is breaking news...but you know what I mean).

Natalie said...

Good gawd on the 60d cycle, frack! Hang in there. Hopefully the appt gets you some answers.