I stumbled across this recipe online a few years ago. I tried it once, and FELL IN LOVE! It's great to make for parties, as it makes quite a lot, and looks awfully pretty layered in a trifle bowl.
Chocolate Kahlua Dessert
- 1 box Devil's Food cake mix (and all required ingredients to make cake in pkg directions)
- 2 pkg Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix (Jell-O brand Devil's Food or Fudge)
- 3.5 cups whole milk (can substitute low fat, but why?)
- 0.5 cup Kahlua liqueur
- 2 containers Cool Whip (normal size, not family size)
- 6 Heath Bars, crushed (I've had better luck finding bags of Heath ball candy in the stores. I use a whole bag, and crush them with a hammer.)
- Bake cake as directed in 9x13 pan, cool and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Prepare pudding with milk first, then add Kahlua.
- In a punch, trifle, or other large bowl, layer ½ cake pieces, then ½ pudding mixture, then ½ Cool Whip and Heath Bars. Repeat and refrigerate.