Monday, November 19, 2007

Confessions of a Deer Widow, the Aftermath

First, the good news...... GRUMPY GOT A DEER!!!! WOOHOO Happy Dance!!! I have about 20lbs of venison in the fridge, much of which will go in the freezer this week, some of which we'll grind later in the week for use in chili, sauce, etc.

And now, the progress report:

  1. I was supposed to clean the house. I did some housework, but by no stretch of the imagination would it qualify for "cleaning the house". Oh well, the dirt will still be their tomorrow, right?
  2. Laundry... umm....well.... I got most of it washed & dried, about half of that folded, and um... none of it put away. But I admitted up front that I really suck at the putting away part of laundry, so nobody should be too surprised about that.
  3. Reading.. THIS ONE, I did! I got thru an entire book this weekend, and am planning to start another tonight.
  4. This good ol' #4 was cleaning out the car. Yeah, that didn't happen.
  5. I got my haircut! Didn't lose much length, but she added in some layers. It's got a LOT more volume to it, and more "movement" (as my stylist says).
  6. Yoga/exercise routine... nothing. and yes I feel guilty about that, so there will be no snarkiness about it (at least from me).
  7. Family time... another success! I spent Friday evening with my Mom & Grandma. We ordered chinese takeout, played cards, chatted & laughed! Had a WONDERFUL time! I also had a few conversations with my cousin who's away at college. So, I'd say the family time goal was a definite success!
  8. Outside Christmas decorations. Yeah, nothing there. It was cold, I was unmotivated, the couch was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too comfie.
  9. Bedtime routine. I'd say I did about 50/50 here. It's getting there, and I've heard it takes 21 days to create a habit, so I'll keep working on it.
  10. Didn't get ANY Christmas shopping done. Didn't even really think about it. Other than Friday night at Grandma's, there wasn't much leaving the house for me.
  11. I did get the meat that HAD been in the fridge into the freezer. Now, I have MORE meat that has to get repackaged and frozen, so apparently that one is a bit of a revolving goal.

Oh, and a quick cycle update: cd33, still no o, no AF, and no idea what the hell is going on.

0 Comments: