Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Do I look Christmas-y enough?

I am having such a hard time getting into the spirit this year. Not that I've been real successful at it the past few years, but this year feels even worse. I'm not interested in decorating, could care less about shopping, refuse to listen to Christmas songs on the radio (one station here started playing them Nov 1, and went NON-STOP Christmas music on Thanksgiving, thru the end of the year!) - I really don't want any part of it.

SO, since this *used to be* my favorite time of year, I'm trying to force the issue a bit. Grumpy promised that we'd decorate the house this weekend, so in an effort to push (shove?) start my Christmas spirit, I decided to "decorate" the blog. I figure that's a WHOLE lot easier to do than decorating the house, right?

I've started my shopping. Hell, with 17 people to buy for this year (which is down a bit from usual, as we agreed to not exchange with some friends... money is tight everywhere, it seems), I started my shopping in July! I've got a cart full at Amazon, just waiting on wishlists from 2 more cousins and I'll have 8 people done, and the other 9 started (most of whom I do have ideas for). Not too bad, by my standards.

Once the tree is up, and the presents are bought, I'll spend a day or 2 wrapping everything, which I am still looking forward to. I don't know why, but I've always enjoyed wrapping presents. Got any you need me to wrap? Ship 'em over, with the $ to ship them back to ya! ~*~hmmm, perhaps that's a business idea~*~

Step 2 in forcing the Christmas spirit... planning the decorating festivities at Grandma's house.

3 Comments:

Roy said...

I put up my tree last night. IRL is so much easier for me than on my blog, I'm technologically stupid. Oh, and wrapped any empty boxes I could find (I love wrapping, too), because I don't have enough actual presents to fill the space under the tree, and my fake tree starts really high up so there's a whole lot of space under there.

Congrats on getting shopping done early. We haven't started on anybody except Little H, not even each other or the random exchange at R's mom's house. It's going to be a hectic few weeks.

Geohde said...

Hoping that you get throuhg the holiday season intact.

I'm such a bah-humbug type at the best of times, but THIS year? Oooh......

xx

J

Wen782 said...

Hey, sweets!

You and me both, sister, you and me both!! It's just difficult to get into the Christmas spirit this year for some reason. I'm not going to decorate my blog up or anything, but I do plan to take Sunday and try to Christmas it up. We'll see how it goes. :o)