We swear by date nights. The Grumps & I both recognize the importance of designating time that is ours, and ours alone. As tough as it is to do in today's hectic life - balancing 2 full time jobs, a side business, house chores, family obligations, friends, and finances - we've managed to schedule, and pretty well keep to, 2 date nights a month.
Sometimes, date nights involve big things - a fancy dinner out, drinks & dancing at our favorite bar, a concert, etc. But MOST times, we keep it low key, and low cost. Some of our favorite, and most frugal, date nights have been:
- fishing at the local pier (we already have all the gear, and bait is REALLY cheap)
- cooking together and eating on our patio, with the phones turned OFF
- watching a movie from netflix, or catching up on some of our favorite shows on the DVR
- grabbing a $5 pizza & eating it on the patio while chatting about our plans, dreams, etc
- pouring a couple of cocktails and spending an evening in front of a bonfire
That's what Works For Us. Head on over to Rocks in My Dryer for more Works For Me Wednesday ideas.