Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thankful Thursday

My apologies for not doing this last week. It's been rough, and I was having a really hard time finding any silver linings, let alone 5 of them. But, let's give it a try this week:

  1. I am thankful that my sisters and I seem to be reestablishing an adult relationship. It's tough, what with the "half-sister" biology, and the age difference, and all of the other nonsense between us. But we're definitely working together - pretty well, too - to help Dad.
  2. I am thankful for the distraction of having lunch with a friend today. (Mmmmmmmmmm Mexican!)
  3. I am thankful that it's IComLeavWe, since I can ALWAYS take a little mental vacation & read some new blogs.
  4. I am thankful for the prospect of having the house to myself for a weekend.
  5. I am thankful for Grumps, as he's been more understanding and supportive - and yet "out of my way" - than I ever thought anyone could be... Hell, more than I could be.

So there ya go. If I can get to 5, you certainly can! Tell me tell me TELL ME!

3 Comments:

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

I'm glad that you can those 5! Lunch with a friend is always fabulous, and sisters - though they can be the cause of drama - can also be wonderful allies.

ICLW

Darla said...

Sometimes it's hard to find the silver lining. Glad you did. =)

Lori Lavender Luz said...

1. I'm thankful I got a good night's sleep last night.

2. I'm thankful I got to go to Yoga today.

3. I'm thankful that Hubby will cook dinner tonight.

4. I'm thankful my body works well.

5. I'm thankful Beth has made me think of this list!