Friday, July 4, 2008

Let's Make a Mix Tape!

You remember those things? Spending all night copying just the right mix of songs onto a single tape, either to give to someone special, or to speak just the right words for whatever mood you were in at the moment? I had BUNCHES of them!

And, since I'm not technologically advanced enough (and too frugal for) an MP3 player, I've decided to make a Mix CD, hopefully with YOUR help!

The vibe I'm going for is "songs you play at top volume, and sing along to, that you can't help but feel good while listening to"... could I be more complicated?

My music tastes are ALL over the map, but for purposes of THIS cd, I'm going to stay away from the Rap & Hard Rock stuff. I'm looking for things that a) most people know & enjoy, b) won't offend my grandmother if she happens to get in my car, and c) scream summertime!

Here's my list, so far:

  • "When the Sun Goes Down", Kenny Chesney
  • "She Loves You", The Beatles
  • "Mambo Italiano", Rosemary Clooney
  • "Sweet Home Alabama", Lynard Skynard
  • "Wasting Time", Kid Rock (questionable for Grandma, but I LOVE this song!)
  • "Summertime", Kenny Chesney
  • "Fly Me To The Moon", Frank Sinatra
  • "Friends in Low Places - Live Version", Garth Brooks
  • "If I Had $1,000,000", Barenaked Ladies
  • "Here for the Party", Gretchen Wilson
  • "Whatta Man", Salt-N-Pepa & En Vogue
  • "Summertime", Will Smith
  • "No Rain", Blind Melon
  • "All I Really Want", Alanis Mosissette

So, what are your suggestions?

3 Comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I LOVE that BNL song! Sounds like a great mkix.

Anonymous said...

I always seem to have 'Guess that's why they call it the blues' and 'groove is in the heart'.

man. I miss mixed tapes!

Kaci said...

My leanings are definitely country but I do like other music, I swear! My quick additions would be Chattahoochee (Alan Jackson), Two Pina Coladas & Two of a Kind (Garth Brooks), and some Jimmy Buffett. Oh and the new Kid Rock song...it has me turning the volume up loud & singing along. Dammit, just thinking about it has me humming.