Thursday, July 3, 2008

Thankful Thursdays

It's about time I spend my energy focused on the things I DO have going for me. (I know, I know - you've heard this before... I'm TRYING here, though!) Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar too much of this blog is focused on the crap crap CRAPPY-NESS that is my incessant infertility whining.

I'm going to try a new weekly feature, for a couple of reasons. One, it should get me blogging more regularly (whole weeks without a post? shame on ME!), and two, I'm hoping that it will help keep me in a "half-full" mindset.

My self-imposed rules for this new feature: MUST post every Thursday. MUST list at least 5 things that I'm thankful for since my last Thankful Thursday post. Pretty simple, me thinks. Keeps me in the moment, and accountable to you all that are reading (tap tap tap... Hello?).

Here we go:

  1. The boss letting us out of work a couple hours early today for the upcoming holiday long weekend.
  2. An afternoon nap, and some afternoon delight, with the Grumps when I got home. (Was that too much information? My apologies. Oh, and get over it!)
  3. Papa John's Spinach Alfredo Chicken Tomato pizza for dinner last night (and lunch today).
  4. Lillies and snapdragons EXPLODING in my flowerbeds.
  5. The Kaylah Puppy and Shitty Kitty sleeping peacefully on the floor next to me.
  6. Last Comic Standing being on TV while I type this, and the comics being funny enough to give me a few chuckles.

So, tell me... What are YOU thankful for today?

3 Comments:

Darla said...

Hope you had a fun couple of hours off work!

Meredith said...

I think its a great idea! Lets see I am thankful that Justin is home tomorrow so he can deal with the boys naps and how they are not doing it.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Mmmmmmm. That pizza sounds good.

I am thankful for my friends. Tonight we had a bi-monthly party with 4 other couples and their kids. Yummy food (and drinks) and fun people.

Great series, Beth.