Shannon over @ Rocks In My Dryer is doing a themed edition of Works For Me Wednesday. This time, she wants our best quick & easy recipes. Here are a few of mine (or other peoples that I've found). And, as always, head on over for more WFMW tips!
Strawberry Fruit Dip:
- 1 8-oz. container of your favorite strawberry yogurt
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- 1 8-oz. tub of “Cool Whip”-type whipped topping (any style),thawed
- Blend together with a spoon
- Serve with strawberries, bananas and other fresh fruit, graham crackers, angel food cake or pound cake, or brownie squares.
Bobby Flay's Parmesan Crusted Portobello Mushrooms
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- Salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 portobello mushrooms, cleaned and stems removed
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Heat grill to medium-low.
- Combine Parmesan, thyme and salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Brush mushrooms with oil on both sides and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the mushrooms, cap side down and cook until golden, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn over and continue grilling until soft, about 5 to 6 minutes longer.
- When the mushrooms are cooked through, carefully divide the cheese mixture over the top of the mushrooms. Close the cover of the grill and cook until the cheese has melted.
- 5 large sweet onions, cut into 1/4 inch slices and separated into rings
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 buttery crackers
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Melt the margarine in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir until tender.
- Turn off the heat, and stir in the sour cream and Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer to the prepared baking dish, and crumble the crackers over the top.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is browned and the sauce is bubbly.
Chicken Stir-Fry with Rice & Teriyaki Veggies
- 8oz (or so) chicken breast, cubed
- 1 box chicken flavored Rice-A-Roni
- 1 box Green Giant frozen veggies in Teriyaki sauce
- butter or margarine
- olive oil
- Prepare Rice-A-Roni per package instructions.
- Brown chicken in olive oil in non-stick skillet.
- Microwave veggies per package instructions, but about 30 seconds less.
- Combine veggies & sauce with cooked chicken in skillet.
- Serve over rice.
- 6 cans of any bean
- 2 cans of any tomato
- 4 cans of any vegetable
- 2 packets of powdered Hidden Valley Ranch dressing
- 2 packets of taco seasoning
- Open all cans
- Dump into pan (you may want to rinse some of the beans. if so, you made need to add some water)
- Add seasoning packets
- Simmer till smells done
- Serve with cheese, sour cream, corn chips... whatever
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large potatoes, diced (you want the potatoes & onions similar in size)
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 5 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 lb chopped ham
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I prefer cheddar)
- salt & pepper to taste
- brown potatoes & onions in butter over medium-high heat (about 10 mins), adding salt & pepper to taste
- toss in ham & cook another couple minutes
- add eggs, stirring well
- when eggs are cooked the way you like them, add the cheese. turn off heat, cover skillet, and let cheese melt (only takes a couple minutes)
Chicken & Broccoli Pasta
- 1lb pasta shape of your choice (I like penne rigate, with the ridges)
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4" cubes
- 3 garlic cloves, diced or pressed
- 2 handfuls frozen chopped broccoli
- extra virgin olive oil
- parmesan cheese
- Put water on to boil for pasta. Once you have a rolling boil, add pasta.
- In deep, 10-12" skillet, place approximately 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (enough to coat entire bottom of pan). Add garlic to oil.
- Add chicken, and brown thoroughly.
- Remove pasta from water about 1 minute before it's completely cooked. Add pasta to skillet with chicken, oil, & garlic.
- Add frozen broccoli to skillet. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, until broccoli is warmed throughout, stirring frequently.
- If dish seems dry, add more oil & toss to coat.
- Garnish with parmesan (or other grated) cheese, salt & pepper to taste
DaMamma's Pineapple Angel Food Cake
- 1 20oz can crushed pineapple in juice
- packaged Angel Food cake mix (use brand name)
- Bake cake as directed on packaged mix, substituting pineapple & juice for liquids in directions.
Jiffy Corn Souffle
- 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 can cream corn
- 1 can regular corn, drained
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 stick butter
- Preheat oven to 350
- Melt butter.
- Add slightly beaten eggs and sour cream.
- Add corn; stir.
- Add mix; stir again.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- 2 16oz packages frozen broccoli cuts
- 1 stick butter or margarine
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers
- Velveeta or American cheese, sliced (or any other cheese you like)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place frozen broccoli in colander & run cool water over it to partially thaw. Let drain.
- Melt butter.
- Crush crackers into crumbs.
- Combine crackers crumbs & butter in bowl.
- Place broccoli in even layer in 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Place even layer of cheese slices over top of broccoli layer.
- Top with cracker crumbs & butter mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Mac & Tuna Salad
- 1 lb shaped pasta of your choice (I use small shells)
- 3-4 celery sticks, diced
- 2 60z cans tuna packed in water
- miracle whip to taste (I use at least 3-4 heaping tbls)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook pasta fully. Rinse with cool water until pasta is chilled.
- Mix in rest of ingredients.