Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Well, this has been a MUCH better week then the previous couple (thank GOD for that!). Here's the list:

  1. Dad seems to be making (slow) progress. One of his doctors even mentioned "getting him out of here".
  2. Our little weekend away could not have been timed better! Even though I wish it could have lasted longer, I so desperately needed that break.
  3. My girlfriend Kim, who can tell a story like nobody's business, and can ALWAYS find a way to make me laugh.
  4. The family history lesson I got last week from my eldest sister. It turned into about an hour long visit. We shared many laughs, and I learned LOTS about Dad and his family that I never knew, and never would have known without her sharing.
  5. The opportunity to get some lil man love from my 2.5 year old "nephew" when he, his Mom, his little sister and I met for lunch. Nothing quite like having a kiddo grin from ear to ear, and RUN to you the moment he sees you.

So there you go, my list. What have you got this week?

3 Comments:

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I love being an Aunt and love getting hugs from my nieces and nephews! It is a great reason to be thankful.

Abbreviated said...

All my n&ns are big.

Kaci said...

I'm glad things are looking better. (and melt melt just a little)