Thursday, May 22, 2008

Yawn!

I am so TIRED this week! Anyone know if that's a Lupron side effect? I haven't seen it listed as an official s/e, but a girl can try... right?

***********

Grumps & I are headed out of town this weekend! We're taking the camper on it's first real camping trip (I define a trip based on leaving the house, going somewhere, and returning to the house) to our friends' farm about 140 miles north of here! We're also taking the cat on his first camping trip. His first trip anywhere, actually. (And let me say that I'm not nearly as enthusiastic about that idea, but we're going to give it a shot.)

**********

We leave tomorrow morning, and plan to be home early evening on Monday. Unfortunately, this means that I'll miss the start of NaComLeavMo but I will catch up within the first day or 2 that we're home.

**********

This week has been a whirlwind of camper repairs, truck repairs (Grumpy's got this thing about having fully functioning brakes while towing an extra 6,000 lbs behind the truck. Go figure!), cleaning, laundry, cooking, etc etc etc. All of the general insanity that takes place before a vacation. Fortunately, I'm down to cooking (I'm taking this and this for dinner one night (yum!) and THE BEST BROWNIES EVER as our dish to pass at the bbq our friends are hosting), packing the camper (but at least the laundry and grocery shopping are done), and getting the puppy ready and delivered to her doggy-sitting Auntie.

**********

Nothing new to report with the Lupron (other than being tired). Haven't had any pain, no more hot flashes... all seems to be going well. Knock on wood.

**********

Please think SAFE TRIP thoughts for us this weekend. I'm a lil nervous, so I'm hoping things go smoothly!

8 Comments:

Kaci said...

I think you're tired because of this weather. This time of year I need sunshine & warmth. Ok, maybe it's the meds, but what's my excuse?

I hope y'all have a great time camping. Have a safe trip & enjoy the dishes. :)

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Looking forward to your safe return, Beth.

Christi said...

Lupron is the worst!! Good Luck...

found your site on nacomleavmo

starsgoblue said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip. Sounds like fun!

Anonymous said...

You're brave to take your cat on a camping trip!
I haven't been on lupron, so I don't know about being tired, but I think with fertility drugs anything is possible!
I hope you enjoy your trip! :)

Rachel said...

Visiting from NaComLeavMo:

I hope you enjoyed your camping trip!

Becki said...

You're taking a cat camping? Yikes! My cat is definitely more of a homebody :)

Found you on NaComLeavMo...

Jill said...

Here from NCLM, loving the commenting!

Happy Friday!