Monday, October 22, 2007

Sorry Folks, and Happy News (not IF related)

I forgot to tell the blogosphere that I would be MIA for the weekend... my most sincere apologies for that.

Grumpy went hunting this weekend, and I went with him to visit some friends of ours. While we were there, we looked at, and bought, a camper!

It's a 1989 24.5' Terry Taurus by Fleetwood. It needs some work, but it's nothing Grumpy & I can't handle, and we got it for an AMAZING price! We've been wanting to get a camper for a few years now, and have just been hoping that the right opportunity would fall into our laps! It finally did!!!

Here are some pics for ya!

Above is a view of the kitchen area (4 burner stove & double sink), and the end of the couch)




Above is our "bedroom" with the couch (that pulls out to about a full size bed) on the left.



Above is a view of the rest of the camper from our "bedroom". On the left is a swivel rocking chair and the dinette set (that also folds down into a bed). On the right is the other end of the couch and the kitchen. All the way in the back is the bathroom (that's the part that needs some work).

I absolutely CANNOT WAIT until next camping season! This fall the camper will be used as hunting camp while Grumpy & his buddy work on the bathroom. It'll come home probably in January, when I'll get to deep clean & scrub the living crap out of it, and then it'll be ALL OURS!!!!

2 Comments:

Pamela T. said...

Cool rig!

And thanks for the data pointers. Good stuff. I've added you to my blog reader and will make a point to drop by to see how you things are going for you. As a native Detroiter it's good to see what's happening in the old 'hood.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

That is serious so freakin' cool. You just made me really covet a camper.