Monday, May 12, 2008

Anyone out there on Lupron Depot?

I just did a quick search on Lupron (which I will be taking for 4-6 months to further heal my endo lesions), and found this site: EndoFacts

The site itself looks pretty useful, but the part I got excited about was this. It's a rebate form on Lupron prescriptions, and it *looks* to be a significant amount of cashola coming back. Here's the fine print, should you want to take a peek:

*This rebate is for out-of-pocket expenses, for up to $50 on your 3.75 mg prescription, or up to $175 on your -3 month 11.25 mg prescription. This offer is good for up to 6 doses of 3.75 mg or up to 2 doses of -3 month 11.25 mg, and up to $15 in savings on your purchase of generic norethindrone acetate on 6 occasions when accompanied by a prescription for Lupron Depot.

I'f I'm reading correctly, this means that I'll get $40 per month (my drug co-pay) back on the Lupron Rx, and a max of $15 per month of the estrogen ad-back (that's the norethindrone acetate) therapy. I can definitely deal with getting $205 to $315 of my out-of-pocket costs back!

I don't know that it will work for everyone (specifically those of you using Lupron during IVF protocols), but I definitely wanted to share it. Please, feel free to send it on to anyone that you think can use it.

4 Comments:

Lupron Journal said...

Thank you so much for posting this!

JuliaS said...

Thanks Beth! I had to pay full price for the 3 month shot - almost $2000! Getting back any of it would be a blessing. Plus, I am supposed to have another 3 month shot in June. Stupid insurance.

Yoka said...

Have you tried acupuncture? It helped me a lot deal with my endo. My doctor also gave me Chinese herb that really has helped me.

Anonymous said...

Totally saw that website too when I was put back on lupron this past March. Has such wonderful info!

Thanks for sharing with everyone else!

And oh, by the way ... how are you dealing with the wonderful side effects?! I'm barely surviving ...