Tuesday, December 18, 2007

warning, lots of cycle babbling ahead

It's CD19 today, which means that I should be ovulating soon. Unfortunately, the evil bbt charting site can't decide if I already ovulated or not.

Up until just now, it showed me ovulating on cd9, making me 10dpo, and putting my official test date on Christmas morning. That's all fun and magical in a fairy tale sort of way, but we all know that's not the way things work for me, right. Here's why I (currently) think the site is fully of shit:

  1. Ovulation on cd9? Come on, now! I am a LATE o'er, not an early one. And frankly, the idea of yet another cycle oddity really kind of pisses me off.
  2. I believe that ovulation day was based solely on a crazy temp spike on cd10. If you look at my chart, you can see that it's not uncommon for me to have a crazy temp spike somewhere in the pre-o phase of my cycle.
  3. We were up north in the camper for the weekend of cd8-10. Temps get colder out there, so that could have caused some kind of change in my chart. More importantly, I left my thermometer there. That's why the cd11 temp is missing. Because of this, I had to go buy a new thermometer. I bought the exact same brand/model/etc, but the temps from cd12 on are with the new thermometer, which could certainly cause a difference in the chart.

When I got back to work after lunch, I decided to play around a bit with my chart, so I added in my CM data. (side note: I don't normally track CM, but if I happen to notice it, then I chart it. And that was probably far more information than you were really interested in, huh? My sincere apologies for over-sharing.)

Once I put in CM data for yesterday & today, the site took away my CLs. Now, even though I firmly believe that this is a much more accurate picture of where I am in my cycle, as a frequent non-o'er, I HATE to lose CLs, even when I know they're bullshit.

All this to say that, as usual, I don't have a clue what my body is (or isn't) doing right now. And apparently, neither does the evil bbt charting site. Do YOU have any ideas?

3 Comments:

Kaci said...

Argh! I was thinking when I saw your CD16 temp it was going to give you CLs for that day, but then you added CM & it took them away completely. I wish I had something helpful to offer, but I'm stumped. I don't think you need to worry about the cold temps in the camper, 2 of the mornings were low and 1 was that crazy spike, so to me that's not an issue. The new therm could be an issue, but I think with where you started using it, it really doesn't matter - you know I did want you to compare temps with the new and old therm, but now I don't think that would make a difference...sorry :(

nancy said...

I've been watching your chart since and was awe'd at FF's weirdenss of those cd9 coverlines. I know FF is all about a computer program, but it should really not take into account ~one~ temp oddities.

I'm sorry you lost your coverlines. It takes a few good months on the met to start to change those cycles, so don't give up. (i know, i want to punch me for saying that kind of dribble, but i'm actually serious).

Lori Lavender Luz said...

"Cyclebabble.
WTF.
He he he he he.
He he he he he.

Gonna.
Run run run run run run run away.
Ay ay ay ay.
Yay yay yay yay.
He he he he he.
He he he he he.
"

So now I have that song in my head. Very clever title for your post!

Hope the cycle works itself out, and that the anomalies are due to the Great North or the new thermometer.