Monday, December 3, 2007

On to Cycle 31

And I'm ok with that. Honestly, after so obviously NOT ovulating last cycle, I'm pretty happy to be putting it behind me. And the timing on this cycle is pretty nice. Christmas *should* be right in the middle of my 2ww. So, even tho I will (again) miss the opportunity for that Christmas morning announcement, at least I'll have one heck of a distraction for that 2ww.

I was able to get into a little bit of the Christmas spirit this weekend. Grumpy decided Saturday that the weather was as good as it was going to get, so he put up the outside decorations. Once he thawed out, he decided to bring the tree up from the basement. He even vacuumed & rearranged the living room furniture to make room for the tree! We put the tree up together, and put the lights on it, and did a few of the ornaments. I still have LOTS of ornaments to get on there, but at least we have a nice start on it.

And, we went on a Christmas movie marathon this weekend. We watched The Santa Clause, A Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, Home Alone, and Elf. Granted, most of them were on just as background noise while we were decorating, or cleaning, or whatever... but we still had them on, and I really think they helped us both get into the spirit!

I still have a few movies in reserve for my Christmas wrapping marathon. I'll pop in Grinch or Charlie Brown Christmas, spread out all of the gifts and wrapping supplies on the living room floor, and spend an evening wrapping everything... and chasing the dog out of my lap... and the cat away from the ribbon.

Oh, and I broke down and tuned into the "All Christmas All the Time" radio station this weekend, too. Not so much outside, but at least in my heart, It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...

4 Comments:

Natalie said...

A Christmas Story is one of my all-time faves. Love it. May have to watch it to keep me from whining...

Geohde said...

:)

It's probably far preferable to have christmas in the middle of the tww than just after it. Unless you get a lovely BFP of course, in which case it would be just delighful!

J

nancy said...

Whoa. You go christmas lady. You go.

Please tell me you aren't wearing holiday socks though.

nancy said...

Oh shit. And ~hugs~ on the ending of the cycle. I know this is a good thing to get past an annovulatory one, but still, another checkmark in the "cycles" column sucks, I know.