Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Eleven years

Eleven years today, of loving the same man. Eleven years of weddings and divorces, births and deaths, crazy vacations and lazy Sunday afternoons in bed. Eleven Christmas mornings, eleven New Year's Eves, eleven first snows, and eleven "first Robin of spring"s. Surgeries & trips to the ER, family reunions and traveling with both sets of parents (separately, thank God!), losing old friends and making new ones... He's always been my constant. My support, my court jester, my safe haven, my sanity.

He's also been a gigantic pain in my ass, so don't you all go thinking that I've gotten all soft & smooshy over here.

But I love him, and I am so thankful to have him in my life. For the last eleven years, and I hope for all of them yet to come.

6 Comments:

nancy said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Kaci said...

Awww! That brought a little tear to my eye. Congrats & best of luck for many many more happy years!

Tigger said...

Happy Anniversary (a day late)! I wish you many more to come!

andrea_jennine said...

Happy day!

Tigger said...

(thanks for your comment on my blog. It really does seem like a rite of passage to have an anonymous basher - hell, Nancy had a stalker for a while I think. I've finally arrived after almost 2 years!)

Bea said...

Happy anniversary!

Bea