Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ways to avoid work...

I know I'm not the only one that occasionally needs a distraction from work. I thought I would share some of *my* favorite distractions. So, here goes...

  1. Obviously, you MUST catch up on your Google Reader (or bloglines, or whatever other feed service you use) and ALL of your email accounts.
  2. Then I check out some of my favorite blog authors' favorite blogs. Link to link to link to link, stumbling my way thru the internet.
  3. Gifts.com I LOVE to play with their gift idea generator. Check it out here.
  4. Update my Queue at Netflix
  5. See what the latest puzzle game is on MSN Zone (yes, I am blushing about this one)
  6. Catch up on the news at CNN, Yahoo! News, or my local NBC site
  7. Play random online games that I've collected over the years. Some favorites are:
    - Boomshine
    - Famousr
    - Elf (the movie) Snowball Fight
    - Escapa!
  8. Play with my Blogger settings, or try to figure out what my next changes will be on my layout.
  9. Stalk my Statcounter and Sitemeter, trying to label IP addresses for folks that I know.
  10. Obsess over my BlogHer earnings reports, and try to think of ways to increase traffic.
  11. Look around online for more recipes that I want to collect and keep here.
  12. See if there is anything interesting on my Myspace or Facebook accounts.

How about you? What are some of your favorite distractions?

2 Comments:

Kaci said...

LOL - Thanks for new ideas of ways to goof off :) The gift generator actually suggested slippers with headlights for David! I might just have to buy them to see the reaction.

Pamela T. said...

I have to say you nailed a bunch of mine, too, though I never did get into the online gaming thing (probably a good thing!) Liking your candy-cane colors here ;-)