Friday, August 10, 2007

just a general update, and some ramblings from my idle mind

well, the Metformin has been MUCH more gentle to me today. 2 doses in me, and so far no side effects. Knocking on wood that it stays this way! Oh hell, let me go out and get Grumpy's (that's how I'll be referring to the hubby from now on) BFH (Big Fuc.king Hammer), and I'll REALLY knock on some wood! I think that is all there is to report on the TTC front right now... waiting for good ol' AF to leave, and then I'll be waiting and hoping to o, and then I'll be in the 2ww....

Have I mentioned that I'm not really a patient person by nature? Yeah, the waiting that goes along with TTC could truly be enough to drive a person nuts. Me? Well, it could drive ME to take my sarcastic attitude out on some poor idiot that picks the wrong time to cross my path, which has the potential to turn really ugly for all involved, as well as any unfortunate bystanders. Yet another reason for the blog!



OH, the business! Just dawned on me that I mentioned the business in my intro, and I've not really mentioned it in the blog, so, in summary: Grumpy's Garage (hubby is Grumpy) is a repair "facility" (ie my driveway and garage) that does all kinds of automotive, motorcycle, and small engine repairs. I bring it up now because he happens to have a NEW (YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!) FULL PRICE (WOOFUCKINGHOO!!!!) customer outside right now. He's doing some work on a Honda V4 (motorcycle, like ours, so he knows them really well), with the owner here, which he ABSOLUTELY HATES to do. I'm generally not allowed to peak over his shoulder while he works, so the idea of working in front of a guy he's just met, while chatting with him, and "teaching" him to do what he's doing... yeah, he's not real thrilled about that. Oh well tho, because, did I mention, he's a FULL PRICE customer!?!?! (We give a discount to family & close friends.) WOOFUCKINGHOO!!!!



So, I got a really really cool comment earlier today. MsJen suggested I check out http://stirrup-queens.blogspot.com/ and see about getting added to their blog roll. I'm flattered that Jen thinks that I should be there, I really REALLY am. I've stalked SQ in the past, poured over their Creme de la Creme 06, and have even become a religious stalker of some of the bloggers I've discovered there... but, I don't belong there! There are some amazingly talented writers on that roll! I'm just some chickie that needs a place to vent the bullshit that goes on in my brain.

I figure that if I happen to turn out some ramblings that I am really really REALLY proud of, that you few poor souls that DO read me respond well to, then maybe I'll get brave enough to ask about the blog roll. Until then, I think I'm more content here in my lil bitty box...

3 Comments:

Tigger said...

Silly girl. :) The blogroll isn't for fancy writers. Hell, I'm certainly not a very good writer and I'm terrible about remembering to update my blog more than twice a month. :) It's a place to get all blogs about infertility together in one spot. Since you're just starting your blog, getting in on the ground floor is good - gets people in on your story from the start of you writing it! :)

Smarshy said...

I agree with Tigger...I think if you want to get on a blogroll, either just ask, or keep leaving comments so that they can read you too, and before long, you just appear on blogrolls (that's what happened to me). I should really update my blogroll, I haven't touched in months. (that sounds kind of dirty)

Anonymous said...

Great work.