Wednesday, August 15, 2007

blogrolls

well, its official, I'm on the blogroll: http://www.stirrup-queens.blogspot.com/

I noticed yesterday or the day before that my silly little link was up there, in that list, with all those creative & gifted writers. I still don't think I "fit" as far as the talent goes. But, I'm learning that talent isn't really the purpose of the blogroll. It's about community, and I think I've found myself a new home.

So, as I was admiring my little bitty spot in this new community, I started to check out some of my new neighbors. I see that there has been an INSANE rush of BFPs recently, and somehow that renews my hope & faith in this process. People are still winning this race, and I think that's awesome!

I've also seen that there is an entire sub-community of IF-ers that have changed gears to the adoption journey. I think that's amazing. I read on a blog, or article, or something, that the choice to adopt was simple... the woman writing wanted to be a Mom more than she wanted to give birth. If you break it down to that very simple choice, I'd agree. And altho I'm not yet ready to go outside the realm of our own biological children, the thought of adoption has always tugged at my heart strings. I do think we will go down that path eventually (be it for #1, or for more kiddos beyond that), so its pretty cool to see that my new lil neighborhood can offer me some insight into that journey as well!

I have to admit tho, I was a little disappointed in some of my blog lurking. As I was reading, I'd check out other bloggers blogrolls, and continue thru link after link that way. I know that I'm knew to this community, but can I ask a favor, or make a motion, or suggest a neighborhood ordinance (whatever the proper procedure may be)? As IF bloggers out there that maintain blogrolls, can we try to keep separated the "still trying" group and the "victory is ours" group? I was looking to wallow a bit yesterday (and I KNOW that we've all been there), and link after link (within the IF community), kept leading me to those that have been recently victorious, and even some that weren't so recent.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear success stories, but a girl's got to be prepared for such things!

Please folks, I don't mean to be that pain in the ass neighbor that everyone hates the day after they move in (I've had those neighbors, so I know what a pain in the ass they can be), but can we have a little appropriate segregation here?

2 Comments:

Samantha said...

FWIW, I don't move people over to the "victory is ours" category until after their first successful scan. A BFP is good, doubling betas is even better. But I've seen too many folks not make to the "heartbeat" stage, and it was just breaking my heart to move them up... then back.

nancy said...

While I totally agree to not move anyone over to the "victory is ours" category right away, there are plenty of times I've clicked through IF blog after IF blog, trying to find someone to wallow with - only to find newborn pictures or a happy 38 week pregnant belly smiling back at me. It's those dark times, when I need to see others going through the same thing as me so I don't end up in a ball of tears on the ground, that those successes are too much for me to bare. (bear?). Anywho, What I have done is created my own list of IF blogs in my own favorites. Those who I connect with on some level. Those who I like their writing styles. These are the girls I turn to when I am in desperate need of companionship, even though they have no idea they are giving me support. I still go through MANY blogrolls out there, I just stick to my "known" list when I can't let my heart be surprised.