Wednesday, October 10, 2007

GoodSearch and a brief cycle update

Well, I don't really have anything new to report as far as this cycle goes. I still have my CL, and am now 8dpo, so I'm thinking I actually did ovulate on cd17. As far as the low temps, they're certainly lower than I'd like to see, but I do see a shift there, so I'm willing to go along with it, lol.

You may have noticed that I've whored up my blog with ads for GoodSearch. Here's why...
1) They're an easy to use, yahoo powered search engine
2) They donate 50% of their revenues to charities that THE USERS select (they estimate about $0.01 per search, which doesn't sound like much, but can certainly add up. I think the last time I checked, charities like the American Cancer Society were getting around $500 a year from them).
3) They've unveiled there new shopping portal. Basically, you go thru GoodSearch to many of the web's most popular shopping sites (Amazon.com is coming soon, BestBuy.com is on board, as is Barnes&Noble.com, CircuitCity.com, Overstock.com, etc.). All you do is go to the GoodSearch shopping portal, and then click thru to your favorite retailers site. You still buy direct from the retailer, so there is no concern of a 3rd party handling your order.
4) I'm all about charities benefiting from things the general public does... especially when it's so easy.

And just as an FYI, the GoodSearch links are NOT paid ads on my blog... They made them available, I found them, I believe in what they're doing, so I'm sharing.

So, when you get a chance, go take a look at them. I think it's worth it, and I hope you will, too!

5 Comments:

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I think it's really cool. And a search is a search--if you can get something else good out of it, why not?

Kaci said...

Thanks for sharing about GoodSearch Beth! I have gotten in the habit of using google, but to help a cause I will change :)

andrea_jennine said...

Thanks for you comment & input about our research for a new doctor and possible alternative medicine; I appreciate your help!

Natalie said...

Nothing wrong with whoring it up - I did so too, but not for charity. Mine will go to IVF or the kid or whatever the hell kid-wise we decide is appropriate.

Anonymous said...

The American Cancer Society is no longer on GoodSearch. They have their own search engine which raises money. It's called SearchToFight. http://www.SearchToFight.org