Thursday, September 20, 2007

is it a shitty attitude, or is it just being realistic?

So, I just got off the phone with Grumpy. Our conversation went like this:

"I don't feel so good this morning honey", I said.

"Really babe, what's wrong?"

"I've got that, 'I've gotta puke feeling', and it just came on out of nowhere"

"Maybe you're pregnant"

"Yeah, while I'm on my period" (said in the snarkiest tone I'm capable of, which is pretty freaking snarky!)

"It's POSSIBLE"

"Yeah, and the sky could turn green with purple polka dots, too. That's POSSIBLE"

"Well don't you just have a shitty attitude today...."

I don't know whether to hug him for his naive optimism, or beat the snot out of him for being a fucktard. Any suggestions?

3 Comments:

Wen782 said...

You have a shitty attitude. Welcome to the club. Smoochies!! LOL

nancy said...

You know, I fucking HATE when people suggest "maybe you are pregnant" when I'm trying to complain about something.

I'm on what? cd10? And I threw up all last night from something I ate. I don't feel good and I want sympathy and when I'd try to whine, 85% of people replied "maybe you are pregnant?"

I don't know what to do about it, but just wanted to let you know I'm with ya.

hammygirl said...

Men really just need to get it through their heads that you can't fuck with a woman dealing with AF! Shitty attitudes just come with the territory, especially if you add IF to the mix! ;)