Thursday, December 4, 2008

Well hello, Hormonal Mood Swings!

Oh how I've - missed you?

Apparently my body is getting the hang of this whole "working reproductive system" thing. I'm fairly certain that I ovulated about 10 days ago, and the PMS-y hormonal RAGE kicked in full force last night (my poor saint of a husband), so I'm thinking AF should be arriving over the course of the next few days.

After her departure, we'll spend the next cycle attempting to make a baby the old fashioned way (yes, you're allowed to laugh). If THAT doesn't work, I'll have an HSG in January (beginning of the following cycle) to give my tubes a post-surgical looksee. After that, it'll either be a few months of the old fashioned way of doing things, or a few months of Clomid - depending on what else is going on in life (Clomid is NOT my friend... or, should I say, NOT Grumpy's friend. I'm HORRIBLE on it!)

Come on red witch! I'd much prefer to be over and done with you BEFORE Christmas, please & thank you!

5 Comments:

Becky said...

Yeah Clomid kicks my but too. I'm on my 2nd round of it and i get these horrible hot flashes!! They also make me really want sex bad!! my husband calls them my 'horny pills', but that what we need to do to make a baby right!

How was your first Thanksgiving with out your dad? My father passed on 11-21 so Thanksgiving was really hard for me. He usually did all the cooking and the food this year was just not the same! Everyone knew it.
Well congrats on having a plan, i always feel better when i have some direction.

Kaci said...

Yay on ovulating! Here's to hoping the old fashioned way works, and that you & Grumpy can deal with clomid if you have to.

C said...

Congrats on the big O:-) And yay for a plan....but boo to the idea of Clomid. It was bad to me too--eh, or more so to the hubs.

Pamela T. said...

We should create a sainthood award for our guys. They've certainly earned it. Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall at a convention of men who've had to withstand the hormone rages that come with the fertility drugs...the stories would be eerily familiar, and I bet more than a bit comical in their own way.

Meredith said...

Yay for a "normal" cycle!!!!! I pray that this new year is it for you and Grumpy Beth!!!!!!!!!