I'm not in such a great place this week, but I'm going to do this exercise anyway. Hopefully, it will alter my perspective a bit.
- Today, I'm thankful for my cozy bed, which I will be getting into as soon as is realistically possible.
- I'm thankful that my job is so flexible, and for my boss who has been so understanding. Knowing that I'm able to take off & help or visit Dad, or just spend an afternoon at home to decompress, is a huge relief.
- I'm thankful that the Grumpy One has some extra paying work coming in. August & September are expensive months in our house, so the extra cash flow will help.
- I'm thankful that Grumpy was able to go with me to visit Dad this weekend. It was nice for Dad to have some "guy talk", and he definitely perked up a bit while Grumpy was there.
- Finally, I'm thankful for the AMAZING staff at Beaumont Grosse Pointe. Dad can be difficult sometimes, but everyone from the housekeeping and cafeteria staff, to his nurses and aides, all the way up to doctors, surgeons, and department heads - have been INCREDIBLE!
I could certainly use some good news this week, so please, tell me something good from your life!