I had some bananas in the house that I HAD to do something with. Rather than eat 3 of them today, or throw them out tomorrow, I went in search of a banana bread recipe. I found a LOT of them, and decided to combine a few. This is what I came up with, and - if I do say so myself - they're pretty darn good!
- 1/2 C butter, softened
- 1 C white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 C peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 3/4 C flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325
- Lightly grease & flour muffin pan
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter & sugar. Add eggs and mix well.
- Mix in peanut butter, bananas, flour, vanilla and baking soda until blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake at 325 for 20 - 25 mins, until tops are golden brown and wooden toothpick in center comes out clean.
Makes 12 large muffins.
As an aside, these would be good with some crunch in them, too. Maybe some chopped walnuts or pecans, or whatever else strikes your fancy.