Monday, August 18, 2008

Recipes Worth Sharing - Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

I had some bananas in the house that I HAD to do something with. Rather than eat 3 of them today, or throw them out tomorrow, I went in search of a banana bread recipe. I found a LOT of them, and decided to combine a few. This is what I came up with, and - if I do say so myself - they're pretty darn good!

  • 1/2 C butter, softened
  • 1 C white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 C peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
  • 3 bananas, mashed
  • 1 3/4 C flour
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 cup chocolate chips
  1. Preheat oven to 325
  2. Lightly grease & flour muffin pan
  3. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter & sugar. Add eggs and mix well.
  4. Mix in peanut butter, bananas, flour, vanilla and baking soda until blended.
  5. Fold in chocolate chips.
  6. Bake at 325 for 20 - 25 mins, until tops are golden brown and wooden toothpick in center comes out clean.

Makes 12 large muffins.

As an aside, these would be good with some crunch in them, too. Maybe some chopped walnuts or pecans, or whatever else strikes your fancy.

5 Comments:

chicklet said...

PB, chocolate, AND bananas? Good god my head might explode!

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Here from IComLeavWe...
Whenever bananas get too ripe in my house, we put them in the freezer for future banana bread or banana cake. Unfortunately I haven't made either lately, so the freezer is full of bananas. A tip if you decide to go the frozen route: it's hard to peel frozen bananas, so you might thaw them in the sink or a bowl for a few hours first. Even so, they are very very cold when you peel them. My recipes call for 6 or 8 bananas, and my hands are frozen stiff by the end. Enjoy!

Kristin said...

Ooooh...those sound so good. If you want a total cheat for making banana bread, get 2 boxes yellow cake mix and smash up 5 bananas. I like making it from scratch but this is a good quick way to get it done too.

In Due Time said...

Yum!

Coming over from ICLW...

Anonymous said...

mmmm-mmmmmm!! these sound so good. thanks for the recipe. i won't blame you when i gain 3 pounds just for THINKING about them too long!

iclw