It's been a while since I've shared a recipe, so I thought I'd post one of our new favorites!
Cheesey Tuna & Rice Muffinlettes with Tangy Butter Sauce:
- 2 C Cooked rice (I use brown rice)
- 1Tbsp parsley flakes
- 1 C shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 Can Tuna flaked and drained
- 2 eggs beaten
- black olives, sliced (I omitted these, as Grumpy has a ridiculous aversion to them)
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp dried onion
- Preheat oven to 375
- Combine rice, cheese, tuna, olives, onion, parsley and salt.
- Stir in eggs and milk, mixing thoroughly.
- Spray six muffin cups. Divide rice mixture evenly among cups.
- Bake for 15 min. until lightly browned.
- Serve with tangy butter sauce
Tangy Butter Sauce:
- ¼ C melted butter
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp seasoned salt
- ½ tsp parsley flakes
6 of these were a dinner for Grumps & I without any side dish (shoosh, I know it needs a veggie, but at least it was a meal that came out of my kitchen rather than from a drive-thru). For a family of 4 (with a side dish), I'd probably make 12 of them, and serve with a side... and expect left overs.
I debated about not making the tangy butter sauce, but it was definitely a nice little tangy-ness against the muffinlettes.
If you try them, let me know what you think!