Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Recipes Worth Sharing - Cheesey Tuna & Rice Muffinlettes

It's been a while since I've shared a recipe, so I thought I'd post one of our new favorites!

Cheesey Tuna & Rice Muffinlettes with Tangy Butter Sauce:

  • 2 C Cooked rice (I use brown rice)
  • 1Tbsp parsley flakes
  • 1 C shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 tsp seasoned salt
  • 1 Can Tuna flaked and drained
  • 2 eggs beaten
  • black olives, sliced (I omitted these, as Grumpy has a ridiculous aversion to them)
  • 2 Tbsp milk
  • 1 Tbsp dried onion
  1. Preheat oven to 375
  2. Combine rice, cheese, tuna, olives, onion, parsley and salt.
  3. Stir in eggs and milk, mixing thoroughly.
  4. Spray six muffin cups. Divide rice mixture evenly among cups.
  5. Bake for 15 min. until lightly browned.
  6. Serve with tangy butter sauce

Tangy Butter Sauce:

  • ¼ C melted butter
  • 1 Tbsp lemon juice
  • ½ tsp seasoned salt
  • ½ tsp parsley flakes

6 of these were a dinner for Grumps & I without any side dish (shoosh, I know it needs a veggie, but at least it was a meal that came out of my kitchen rather than from a drive-thru). For a family of 4 (with a side dish), I'd probably make 12 of them, and serve with a side... and expect left overs.

I debated about not making the tangy butter sauce, but it was definitely a nice little tangy-ness against the muffinlettes.

If you try them, let me know what you think!

0 Comments: