I'm stretching REALLY hard on this one, so bare with me here.
Things to be thankful for when you're husband becomes involuntarily unemployed:
- He qualified for unemployment (thank the Lord!)
- He may qualify for the State of Michigan No Worker Left Behind program, giving him the opportunity to get out of a dying industry (at least in this state), and into a growing, high-demand field.
- He may have the opportunity, through the above mentioned program, to earn his Associates Degree.
- Somehow, over the last few months - even with my depression, careless spending, and poor job of bill tracking - we've managed to build up a bit of a surplus in our available cash. This provides us a bit of a cushion for the sudden change in our overall financial picture.
- His former employer is covering us on their insurance through month end, and
- My employer is willing to put us on the insurance policy here.
And as a bonus bit of thankfulness:
- Dad moved to the rehab center yesterday, and
- He's agreed to get moving on the Patient Advocate paperwork!