Thursday, September 25, 2008

Still Alive!

Sorry for the blog silence... it's been a crazy couple of weeks.

I'm still fighting whatever this viral funk is, but I am definitely feeling better. I worked a full day yesterday for the first time since last Monday! Needless to say, I'm SWAMPED!

The office move is progressing nicely! We set a new record (especially for our-indecisive-selves) and had out carpet, paint, and Formica picked out in a day. The telecom folks were at the new place yesterday getting us all wired in, the landlord was there ripping out the old carpet, and the painter was there getting set up. This time next week, the new suite will be painted, and carpet should have arrived (but probably won't yet be installed). We're all getting pretty excited about the change!

Dad is still in the hospital. I haven't seen him since our trip to the ER with him on Monday (don't want to expose him to whatever this funk is that I'm fighting), but I have a call into his doctor to get the latest info.

AND - prepare yourselves - but I actually have GOOD NEWS!

Grumps found out yesterday that he was accepted into the tuition assistance program! There's still a whole mess of legwork to be done, but he should be starting at the local community college in January! He's SO excited! And it warms my heart SO MUCH to see it!

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Oh, and as a total aside, I've made little bits of progress on my 101 in 1,001. You can check it out here, if you're interested.

6 Comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

YAY for the good news! The office sounds like fun and stressful. Bet you will be so excited when it's all done. I hope you get to feeling better so you can see your dad.
Enjoy your day!
-D *ICLW*

nancy said...

That's freaking awesome! (about tuition assistance).

And glad you are getting better.

Kaci said...

I didn't know your office was moving! Not too far from the Mexican lunch spot I hope? :)

On your 101, If you want someone to teach you cross-stitch, let me know! And um if you want to learn knitting, we could do that together?

I'd also run/walk/something the 5k with you.

And we've talked about some of the other stuff, but YAY again for Grumps!

Photogrl said...

Good news...YAY!

Hope you feel 100% soon.

...ICLW

CappyPrincess said...

Hope you get to feeling better soon. Sounds like lots of good stuff going on - and neat idea that 101 in 1001. Good luck with that!


ICLW

Echloe said...

Congrats for you and your husband.
Feel better.

ICLW