Saturday, September 20, 2008

I'm Alive!

Even though much of this week hasn't felt like it.

Went to the doctor, who was concerned that I had either strep throat or mono (umm, 30 going on 13, perhaps?). Turns out it is neither. Just a nasty virus that has kicked my arse, and that I must let run its course. Fun.

I'm drinking lots of clear fluids, and getting lots of rest (thank GAWD for the DVR, and my complete Sex & The City on DVD collection... movie releases on Tuesday! WOOHOO!!!), and not doing much of anything else.

Grumps is north for the weekend, enjoying a special early hunting season. I guess we have a population issue, as the DNR doesn't often issue early seasons. Late? Sometimes (and we have one of those this year, too). But this is the 1st early season we've heard of, and Grumps has been hunting for 7 or 8 years now. The good news is that he got a deer his first morning out. So there will be chili in our menu this week, and the pressure is off for the rest of the season (read: through January 1). Yes, there will still be hunting, but my husband won't be the crazed, maniacal, target fixated fool he's been in years past).


In other news, Dad is back at rehab from his few day stint in the hospital. I haven't been able to see him in about 10 days, due to the ick that has taken residence in my body. Nor have I been able to talk to him, as he didn't seem to want to ANSWER HIS PHONE in the hospital (ARGH), and the rehab doesn't have phones in the patient rooms. I'm going under the assumption that no news is good news, as when things were going badly last week, my poor little cell phone rang itself silly. I'm hoping to be able to stop in & see him tomorrow, even if only for a short visit.


On the infertility front (what? this chick is STILL infertile? umm... yeah.) I had Lupron shot #5, and another surgical follow-up earlier this month. Doc says I'm healing well, and that I'm due for a Pap (umm, yay?), so I need to come in to see him about 4 weeks after my last shot (I'll see him again on Nov 3). I asked about scheduling the HSG, and he wants to put it off until after the Pap. His exact words were "I'm hoping to put it off long enough that you'll conceive naturally and won't need it." Isn't he cute?

I think that pretty much covers everything right now. Grumps has his 1st one-on-one with his MI Works case manager next week (Wed, I think), so a few good thoughts sent his way for that will be MUCH appreciated!

18 Comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Yuck. Sounds like a bad crud.

Wouldn't it be nice if your doctor was on to something?

We IFs can hardly afford to hope, though.

Mrs Woggie said...

I hope that your virus goes away soon.

As for you IF, I hope that goes away soon too.

Here from ICLW.

Michelle said...

Fellow Michigander here from ICLW. I hope you feel better soon. I like your 101 in 1001 list. I need to do that.

Ava Bella said...

Hi Beth
Hope you are better! Glad I found you blog!!
I'll read through it some more after I finish my pizza and beer
:-)

-Cousin Jim in Washington

Kristin said...

That sounds like a really nasty virus. Hope you feel 100% soon.

ICLW

Cara said...

Wow, you almost make me gratful for the three week cold I've had. Yours trumps for sure!

Feel better and I totally relate with the meniacle hunting thing...my father in law sets the tone for all the men in the family...aaagggghhhhh

ICLW

Anonymous said...

YUCK on the virus. Hoping that you get over it quickly, viruses stink.

Here from ICLW.

Aunt Becky said...

You poor dear! The cold that seems to be going around is AWFUL. I'm sending all the spare healing vibrations I have your way (I have a cold too).

Here from ICLW.

A said...

I think that sounds like random death illness #279. :-) I hope you feel better soon, and maybe even lose a couple of pounds? That's always a nice thing when deathly ill... AMAZING about your dad's insurance copay. I hope he can hang in there and fight things. And mostly I hope he isn't in any pain.
(from ICLW)

Momto5 RachelJoy Photography said...

first time visitor. nice to read an update! nice to meet you and best wishes with your father.

Kaci said...

Yay for deer! He must have been pretty excited about that. Hope you're feeling better.

Oh, and I read Lori's comment as "Wouldn't it be nice if your doctor was on something?" and I thought "no, we don't want no stinkin' crack doctors!" So I re-read! :) And I agree - I hope he is on TO something!

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I hope you feel better soon. (ICLW)

Ava Bella said...

Hi again
I wanted to email you...but can't find an email in your profile. I worte it, but just have nowhere to send it :-(

jim(at)woodlandtrade(dot)com

edited so internet robots don't attack me

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I hope you feel better soon. Best Wishes for the case worker appointment next week. *ILCW*

Stephanie, Phil, Kayla, Logan & Alex said...

I hope you're feeling better soon. I can relate to the deer hunting (we used to live in Michigan and my hubby hunted deer) and I do miss deer tenderloins.

Here from ICLW

Ginny said...

Hope you feel better!

Here from ICLW, I'm also in MI.

nancy said...

lol. What a cute little doc you have. "naturally". :)

Damn girl. You better be all better by now!

Kristine said...

Hope you are feeling better soon! And sending lots of positive thoughts your way that your doctor is right!