Tuesday, April 22, 2008

*waving*

I'm here! I'm ok!

Surgery went well. Dr. N did the best he could robotically. Was released from the hospital on Saturday, and have been home since. Just trying to take things as easy as I can.

From what I understand (although I'm still a bit foggy on the details), Doc was able to clean up righty and get rid of BIG GIANT CYST. Lefty, though, is in pretty rough shape. "Plastered" in place with the endo. The only thing he could have done with lefty was to remove it, and that would have required cutting into my uterus (apparently the endo has attached them?), so he just left it alone. I'm pretty sure he said my tubes looked ok, but that he'll want to do an HSG sometime soon to chem 'em out.

I go in this Friday to have my stitches removed, and Doc wants to see me 2 - 3 weeks after that.

Thanks much for all the well wishes, prayers, and good thoughts!

5 Comments:

nancy said...

Yay!!! It was more than simple laproscopy, but it wasn't huge open belly surgery. Well, it was, it sounds like, but not some crazy 2 week hospital stay.

So you went inpatient as soon as you got there? Or was it outpatient and then you were admitted?

I've been watching your blog for this update so I'm glad you were able to come in and tell us. Wishing you fast healing vibes!

Damn on Lefty though. ~hugs~

A little giggle on being foggy. Through my 16 surgeries so far, I totally know the "foggy" feeling and when the surgeon comes in, I make a point to try to remember what he says. And then I promptly forget. Each time. :)

Lori Lavender Luz said...

So glad you made it through. I know how much you've been dreading this. Isn't it great to have it behind you?

Hopefully you're in for a less stressful time the next several weeks.

RBandRC said...

Very glad to hear that all went well! Hope you have a very speedy! :)

Geohde said...

Good to hear you're out the other side more or less intact...

J

Natalie said...

Very goodo news, glad you're on the other side of it and done.