Thursday, March 6, 2008

I suck

There's simply no other way to put it - I suck...

When life gets crazy, apparently the first thing I cut back on is my blogging. See, I suck.

And now, because I haven't blogged *consistently* in what feels like F O R - E V E R... I find I have absolutely nothing to say. Told you I suck.

So umm, well.... hmmmmmm... OH! I got something! An update on my resolutions!

Let's see...

  • I am cooking at home a LOT more often! It's become - dare I say - habit!
  • I've gotten more adventurous with my cooking (ie, less opening of the box, and more opening of the cookbook or blog), and have tried a few new recipes... and even have gotten daring enough to throw stuff in a pot - until it "looks right", and then taste it - to - adjust the seasoning & stuff! Holy shit people, WHO AM I???
  • I have a better handle on our finances. Haven't quite created THE BUDGET, but I do have a few spreadsheets in play that help me keep track of some of our activity.
  • Greener living is coming along - slowly - but any progress is better than none, right? TV is off unless we are really watching it; Grumpy got the recycling bin down for me (so what if it's still tucked in the yard behind the house); I've gotten better about unplugging/turning off certain things when they're not in use... like I said, it's coming along.
  • Still not making any progress on the exercise issue, but I'm getting closer I think. Having a lot of this other stuff "under control" makes it seem easier to undertake something like that.
  • Still a smoker, but really want to quit before surgery... we'll see how that works out.
  • OH, and after my frustration & breakdown last week, I've made the house a priorority. It's not exactly where I want it yet, but it's definitely on the way there. And I can't even begin to tell you how much better I feel when I go home - after a shitty day at work - to a house that's CLEAN, and SMELL'S GOOD (thank you crock pot cooking!).

Next on the bloggy to-do list: Q&A for Dr. N on my pre-surgical appt this coming Mon. Here are some of the things I want to address with him:

  • He mentioned Lupron therapy as part of the post-surgical recovery (for possibly as long as 6 months). Would this help before the surgery, too?
  • If the surgery is just laprascopic, what kind of restrictions/recovery am I looking at?
  • Since I'm lucky enough to not have the life-disturbing pain associated with most advanced endo cases, how are we going to monitor the disease? Am I stuck with just hoping for the best until I a) am pregnant or b) have another 60 day cycle that tells me something is wrong?
  • Does he still think I might have PCOS, or is the endo causing the annovulatory condition?

Now, what other questions should I be asking? I have until Monday afternoon to put together a nice, thorough list to arm myself with, and I sure could use some help!

1 Comment:

nancy said...

If it's a lap, I've had 2 of them, and it's like a 2 day at most recovery. I go to work again on day 3 (work from home day 2 though). It's super fucking easy.