Friday, March 21, 2008

Good News for a Friday Afternoon!

My mother-in-law had her "what do we do now?" appointment with her oncologist yesterday and... she's IN REMISSION!!! WOOHOO!!!!! And even better - her spleen as somehow reduced back to normal size! She won't need surgery, and she is done with chemo (for a while, anyway)! Doc still wants to put her on a maintenance chemo schedule (one dose every couple of months), just to help her stay in remission, but we expected that.

This is absolutely the BEST possible outcome for her whole situation! What an awesome resolution to all of this! Our family couldn't be more pleased, nor could we be any more thankful for all of the prayers and good thoughts that have been sent our way. Thank you so much, kind friends!

*********************************************

In upcoming news: testing went well, prep was AWFUL. Might, if I'm feeling so inclined, share some details soon... Trust me when I tell you it's not something you'll likely want to read. BUT, I think I want to document it for my own records.

7 Comments:

Meredith said...

YAY!!!!! I am so happy for you, Mike and your MIL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whohoo for some good news!!!!!!!!!

Lori Lavender Luz said...

You were certainly due some good news. So glad for your MIL.

Glad that at least the testing was OK. Sorry the prep was dreadful.

Becky said...

I'm so glad your MIL received good news! I'm sure your whole family is really relieved!!

Sorry the prep/test was not so fun, but hopefully it will all be worth it in the end.

nancy said...

That's freaking FANTASTIC. Congrats!

JJ said...

What GREAT news!

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful news! I am so happy for everyone.

I am sorry for the test. Hopefully it will end with a wonderful ending!

D

Anonymous said...

Im glad you guys got good news!!!
XOXO