Monday, March 10, 2008

45 Hours and Counting

The time finally came this weekend. I *think* I've quit smoking. I had my last (as in most recent, not as in never-again-for-the-rest-of-my-life) cig around 1pm Sat afternoon.

I don't know what clicked for me, but I woke up Sat morning just not wanting to smoke. Weird. It lasted until about noon, and then I was able to fight off the urge for another hour or so. I caved around 1, but only managed 2 or 3 puffs before feeling all nauseated and generally icky. So, I put it out, and haven't lit one since.

I haven't yet been able to give up the open pack in my purse. That's definitely my security blanket, and I'm just not ready to part with it (and you can't make me!).

I got thru yesterday just fine, but today is proving to be a bit more of a challenge... smoke breaks have always been my way to walk away from the frustration (ie bullshit) for a few minutes. Not doing that is harder than I thought it would be, but so far I'm working thru it.
_________________________________________________

Have the follow-up with Dr. N at 6pm tonight. Will post when I have info.

2 Comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I'm cheering your 45+ hours. Congrats, Beth!

Kaci said...

Way to go Beth! I'm cheering for you! GL tonight!