Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Recipes Worth Sharing - Jiffy Corn Souffle

I found this recipe online here and it looked pretty darn easy. Turns out that not only is it incredibly easy, but it's very inexpensive, and tasty, too! It's a GREAT carb side for any kind of soup, stew, or chili. Think cornbread, but more moist.

  • 1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix
  • 1 can cream corn
  • 1 can regular corn, drained
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 c. sour cream
  • 1 stick butter
  1. Preheat oven to 350
  2. Melt butter.
  3. Add slightly beaten eggs and sour cream to melted butter.
  4. Add corn; stir.
  5. Add mix; stir again.
  6. Bake uncovered in an 8x8 baking dish for 45 minutes.

I used Aldi brands for all of the ingredients, and my total cost for 1 batch was $2.03. I cut it into 6 GENEROUS servings, costing about $0.33 each. I should have cut it into 8 servings, which would drop the per serving cost to about $0.25 each.

1 Comment:

Kaci said...

This sounds yummy and I realized it's similar to a corn bread recipe I have. When my aunt gave it to me, she noted at the bottom that you could add corn, but I never do. So I'll suggest to you adding onion & cheese to yours, and next time I make mine, I'll try it with corn!