Monday, February 18, 2008

honesty

I was going to start this post with an "I'm sorry, I'm a terrible blogger, blah blah blah".... and then it was "I've just been so busy with this and that and that other thing".... and then I decided it to just say "screw it" and be honest... I've not written anything because I haven't had much to write, nor have I taken the time to think of anything.

So there you go, that's my little tidbit of honesty... I'm lazy.

In other news....

My mother-in-law is responding well to treatment. They don't have any other options for treating her, so they've decided to continue her med cocktail for another 2 weeks. She's getting Retuxin (think "chemo-lite") for the leukemia, Neuprogen (I may have butchered the spelling of that, sorry) to boost her healthy white cell count, and IV Iron to boost her red cell count. Her numbers are nowhere near where'd the docs would like them to be, but this does seem to be helping, so..... more wait & see.

******************************************************************************************

I got my surgical packet in the mail on Friday. I'm scheduled for April 18, but I don't yet have a time. Then on Saturday, I got the info on the prep I have to do the day before surgery. (Those of you that have been there, know exactly what I'm talking about. Those that haven't... trust me when I say you don't want to know.) I had a little emotional break down each day, as this whole situation becomes a little more real with every piece of evidence I get.

As long as I can get through the next 2 months with my sanity, I'm sure that all will be well. I trust my doc, I have no doubt that I'm in very good hands, Grumpy will take wonderful care of me while I recover (be it for a couple days or 6 weeks, we won't know until surgery).... Just have to get thru the next 2 months.

3 Comments:

Josée Martens said...

New reader! Hi! Sorry about your MIL. I hope she is getting good treatment. You said you got your surgical packet. What is that for? A lap? Is it because you have tender ovary? Good luck to you!

nancy said...

Wait a minute - what is your surgery for? I've been reading your blog forever and I'm at a loss.

Nice to see you back by the way!

Katarina Jelly Beana said...

Two months... :)

I'm glad she's responding well to treatment. I've been a little concerned.

I second the "it was good to see a post from you!"