Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thankful Thursdays

Look at me, being almost, kinda-sorta regular about this here little feature... Who'd a thunk it?

This week, I'm thankful:

  1. That Grumps and I didn't kill each other in the pretty much 10 solid days we just spent together (something to be proud of, too - believe me!)
  2. That a certain someone has kicked me in the ass to get the garden going! I just hope I'm not too horribly late with my seedlings! (although, last year I didn't plant tomato SEEDS until the end of June, and still managed to get some tasty treats off the plants).
  3. That somehow, someway, we're doing ok financially. I can't figure it out. Our debt is still U.G.L.Y., but I'm focusing on hoarding as much cash as I can right now (while still having some fun) until we know what the income situation will be like until Grumps is through the academy. But, the bills are all getting paid - on time - and our savings balance is actually going up!
  4. That I get to spend some time with family this weekend - possibly Friday with my Grandma, Saturday afternoon with my favorite Aunt, and Saturday night playing cards with the in-laws.
  5. That Grumps has another little side job lined up for next week that will bring in an extra couple hundred bucks!

If you're feeling so inclined, let me know what you're feeling thankful for in the comments!

5 Comments:

nancy said...

I'm glad you take the time to remind yourself what you are thankful about. I probably should try to do the same thing.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Yay for the side job!

And the gardening, too.

C said...

Good luck with the gardening...wish I could get motivated enough to do some as well. I think of doing it every year...but "think" is the operative word here:-)

What I'm thankful for...the summer days. It always puts me in a better mood with the warmer weather. Plus, the dogs love to run around outside, thus wearing them out more when it's bedtime:-)

Beautiful Mess said...

Great things to be thankful! I'm thankful for being able to spend a whole week with my dad. It was bittersweet, but I'm glad he was able to visit.
*HUGS*

Kaci said...

MMMMmmmmmmm...tomatoes. I'm thankful I know where you live. ;)