I figured it was about damn time to resurrect Thankful Thursdays around here, and what better time to do that then Thanksgiving week? Yes, I am feeling awfully cliche` today, thanks for asking! So, here we go... All the things I'm currently thankful for:
- The Grumps: Even though he can push all my buttons (in all the wrong ways), after almost 12 years, he still manages to push all my buttons (in all the RIGHT ways). That man has been my rock, has been by my side through some incredibly difficult times. He was Johnny on the Spot with anything I needed during the Dad saga, he's my sounding board when I need to scream, my safety net when I break down, and always always always tries to make me smile.
- My family and friends: In this crazy year that I've had, I've always known that people are there for me, and for us. I've had offers for anything from dog-sitting and meal cooking to witnessing legal documentation and destinations I can run away to. Life hasn't been the best this year, but the people in it have been amazing.
- My home: It certainly wasn't the house I'd have picked if I'd had the opportunity to go house shopping. But our little bungalow is safe, and cozy, and affordable... and it's home.
- My job: It's about as safe and secure as a person can hope for in the craptasticness that is the current Detroit economy. And it's flexible... as long as I'm getting my work done, I can sneak out any time I need to.
- This blog: This has been my place to unload, my dumping grounds when I've needed to get things off my chest, or put them in some kind of perspective. And, it's allowed me to meet some pretty amazing people, and get lots and lots of support.
- The Grumps former boss: Thank you, asshole, for "laying off" my husband. It's made for some interesting financial juggling, but because of your shittiness, my husband has been given the opportunity to follow his dream.
- Dad's illness: It sounds horrible, but Dad's extended illness allowed me to reconnect with my sisters. I wish he didn't have to go the way that he did, that he'd just have gone to sleep in his apartment and never woken up. But, if it had happened that way, I'd have lost my Dad. The way it did happen, I still lost my Dad, but I gained 2 sisters. And I'm fairly confident that that would make Dad happy.
So, that's my list. Tell me, what would be on your list?