Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thankful Thursdays

so I missed last week, but I'm back at it again! This week, I'm thankful:

  1. That the patch seems to be working for me. I'm not a non-smoker yet, but I'm much MUCH closer than I've been in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time!
  2. That Grumps and I are really and truly, for the first time since we've known each other, completely on the same page about our finances. It's wonderful to have a real partner in the fight to clean up our mess.
  3. That our ghetto neighbors gave up one of their dogs (the fence-jumping, dog-aggressive pit-bull). That puts them at 4, which is still double the limit allowable in our city. But, it's progress!
  4. That the horrible charity event that Grumps gets suckered into (and I resent) every freaking year is OVER!
  5. That I can truly enjoy the peace and quiet of our drama-free life. And that we've BOTH worked SO STINKING HARD to get it, that we both really do appreciate it!

Have any thanks to share? Please do so in the comments!

3 Comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

Good for you! You haven't given up, keep working at it and you'll think smoking is icky before ya know it ;o)

Glad you and Grumps are on the same page about finances. It's A LOT easier and less stressful when both are on the same page.

Good work, hon!
*HUGS*

Dea said...

That is awesome Beth!!!

You and Grumps are working very hard to achive your new goals!!!!

HUGS!!!

Dea

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Here's to a boring, drama-less life.