Friday, August 7, 2009

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

I look around at my life today, and it's completely different from what it was a year ago. And I know there are many, MANY more major changes to come in the next 18-24 months.

My marriage is better, stronger, happier than it's been in a while. It's not perfect (I'm not a believer in perfection anyway!), but it's good. Genuinely good.

Our house, our health, our conversations, our connection - have all improved to levels that we weren't striving for, and yet we've somehow managed to achieve. It's like I woke up one morning, looked around, and realized that I LIKE my life. Again, it's not perfect (ahem - children!) but it's really, really good!

Grumps is happier with his career life than I've ever seen him. Obviously he's not actually in the career yet, but the fact that he's pursuing it, and preparing for it - has brought about a light in him that I've never seen before.

I'll be honest and say that I'm nervous for the changes that are coming. 2 years from now will bring a new career for him, a new lifestyle for us, and quite possibly a move to a completely new part of the country. I live in the same city that I grew up in, and that my mother grew up in. We bought our house from Grumpy's grandma, and it's the house his Dad grew up in. We have roots here, and they run deep.

But, changes that normally would - and possibly should - terrify me, are only making me nervous. Because right now, I know that no matter what life throws at us, or what decisions lie ahead, Grumps and I will be getting through it together, working towards a common goal.

That knowledge has brought me more peace than I have ever known.

14 Comments:

Kaci said...

"I know that no matter what life throws at us, or what decisions lie ahead, Grumps and I will be getting through it together"

This. This is what matters. Beautiful post.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

What an awesome realization.

I hope you will add this to Perfect Moment Mondays next time around.

Beautiful Mess said...

This is so beautiful! I am so happy that you are being brought peace by this knowledge.
*HUGS*

Anonymous said...

That is so great! Very happy to hear that you're in such a good place, sweetie! You definitely deserve it! ((hugs))

nancy said...

that's awesome beth. I'm happy that you are seeing the light with your life and thing are (and will be) ~good~!

Sheri said...

I just came over from Lori's blog and her Perfect Moment Monday post.

I was excited to read about your changes over the last year and cheer you on as you move forward.

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome feeling. Many many things have changed for me in one year as well. I am embracing these changes for the good and the bad.

Sandy said...

I love that moment of "waking up" in the middle of your life. We spend so much time waiting for life to begin, it's nice to realize that we can finally enjoy the moment.

tbonegrl said...

found you from creme de la creme.

this post makes me smile. I am glad to hear that you are peaceful...sounds like it was a wonderful revelation for you. thank you for sharing!

Mrs. Gamgee said...

*sigh* Peaceful is a great place to be... Good for you for celebrating it!

nh said...

It sounds so lovely, so full of confidence and peace. Keep on celebrating the good stuff!

Anonymous said...

via Creme de la Creme:

It's funny how one can wake up one morning and discover that life, imperfect as it is, is good enough to enjoy just as it is.

Sunshine said...

Wonderful post! I have had epihanies like that now and then...good for YOU for highlighting a "good" post for C de la C!

Sunshine (here from Creme de la Creme)

Lorin said...

That's a lovely post! Thanks for sharing. I note, too, that you wrote that on my mother's birthday last year. What a nice bit of serendipity. =)