Just need to reground myself in the things that are GOOD in my world right now. Since that was the entire purpose for starting this not-nearly-weekly theme, I suppose it's a good idea to publish another one of these, so here we go.
This week, I'm thankful:
- That some of our best friends are coming up this weekend, and will be staying with us for a few days. It's been far too long, and I look forward to lots of laughs, lots of cocktails, and some insane stories!
- That we were able to wait to put the window air conditioners in until the THIRD WEEK OF JUNE! That's AT LEAST a month later than normal. The earth thanks me, and DTE Energy can SUCK IT!
- That we DID put in the window a/c, because 90 degrees + high humidity = FUCKING HOT! (105+ "real feel", for those of you that may want a translation).
- That Grumps is doing so, so well in school. He's connecting with people in his chosen career, he's learning a ton, and he's bringing home the grades to prove it! I'm thankful, and I'm proud!
- That we got the kittens, because not a day goes by that I don't laugh at the things they do. The latest? We got some paperwork from the vet regarding their sterilization. They're both big fans of playing with anything paper, but those specific 3 sheets have been hidden, chewed on, and crumpled up more than any other paper in the house!
If you'd care to share, tell us what you're thankful for in the comments!