Monday, April 13, 2009

Coming out of the sad

Saturday was hard - harder than I thought it would be. We cried, a lot. And not dainty-single-tear-rolling-down-the-cheek crying. Ugly-sobbing-choking-on-snot kind of crying. But, if you can't choke on your snot with the one you love.....

Friday was a nice night. Paisano snuggled and purred with both of us, and spent some time looking out one of his favorite windows to watch the birds in the yard. It was a good way to spend our last night as that family of four.

My punkin-pie went peacefully. It was obvious that he knew, as he didn't put up any fight at all when we laid him down on the table for the injection. Grumps and I both took that to mean that he was ready, even relieved.

I miss him, terribly. I've been sad (for him) for a month now. I'll be sad for as long as I need to be. But it is a relief to know that he's not sick anymore, and not in pain.

But I still miss his sweet smooshy little face, his big ol' clod-hopping paws, the way he'd carry a conversation with us, or come running (and often bitching) when we'd whistle for him, and the way he'd greet us at the door when we came home.

Life will be good again. We'll find another furry little thing to add to our family. But Paisano will always and forever be missed.

13 Comments:

Soapchick said...

I'm so sorry Beth. Paisano was such a good kitty and handsome too. I hope in time your heart heals and you remember all the good times with your baby.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Beth, I'm sorry you endured this.

Remembering Paisano with you.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry Beth! (HUGS)!!!!

D

luna said...

so sorry beth. it is so sad to lose them.
farewell handsome boy. RIP.

Stacie said...

I am so sorry, Beth. Hugs.

Celia said...

I am so so sorry about your beautiful cat.

RBandRC said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Beth. You post reminded me of when I had to put my cat down after an endless battle with kidney failure. It was just awful for G and I. And I still cry when I think of him. But it does get better. Thinking of you. ((HUGS))

Heather Solos said...

I'm sorry, it's so hard to say goodbye to a pet. Take care.

Pamela T. said...

I'm sorry you had to face such a sad experience and lose such a beautiful, furry friend...

Beautiful Mess said...

Oh hon, I am so sorry you dear friend isn't with you. I'm thinking about you and remembering Paisano with you.
*HUGS*

nancy said...

I am so so so very sorry Beth. I have also gone through much of the same thing.

~hugs~

Jaymee said...

so sorry. i cannot imagine losing one of my furbabies, and the day is coming. give yourself all the time you need. HUGS!!

Ava Bella said...

:-( Beth, so sorry. Paisano is about the coolest pet name I've ever heard.