Monday, October 26, 2009

A Month(ish) In Review

Lordy Lordy, this last month or so has been crazy! Bare (or is it bear?) with me while I sum up!

My Mom, after a ridiculously UNspectacular fall (she missed the last step on the staircase into the basement) resulting in ridiculously spectacular injuries (7 breaks in 5 bones, including both ankles and a foot), is well on her way to recovery! She's down to 1 plaster cast and 1 cam-walker, has tossed the wheelchair, and is MUCH happier have regained at least a bit of her independence. Mom, her dog, and her cat have been staying with Grandma (the most wheelchair friendly house in the family), and it seems as though they're having a grand ol' time together!

Grandma had another bout with her cellulitis, resulting in a 4 day hospital stay and a 2 week course of at home iv antibiotics. Fortunately, she's also doing much better!

Grump's Mom has been diagnosed with a different, incredibly aggressive, and incredibly rare, form of cancer. She's been hospitalized since Oct 5, and honestly isn't doing very well. BUT, with a smidgen of silver lining in the mix, it looks as though she may be able to come home this week. Grumps has been spending as much time as possible with his Mom, as the doctors have warned us that we're not looking at a possible cure here, they're simply treating what they can in an effort to extend the amount of time she has left. Unfortunately, the unit of measure we're working with here is months....

And, somehow, in the midst of all that craziness, I managed to get pregnant! The old fashioned way! I'm a little over 9 weeks now, and other than "morning" (HA! All day, I say!) sickness, things seem to be progressing just fine. I got Dr confirmation last Thurs, have announced to the immediate family, and now finally felt comfortable putting it out here in to blogland.

And that is where I've been the last month!

19 Comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Talk about burying the lead!

SOOOO happy for the last tidbit, and that your mom's healing, and that Grumps' mom may get to come home soon.

What a newsy post! Off to tell L&F.

Avitable said...

Congratulations on the pregnancy!

Beautiful Mess said...

Holy lots of news, Batman! I'll be sending our prayers for Grump's mom. I hope she gets to come home soon. Glad your mom is doing well.

Congrats on your pregnancy! Boo about the ALL day sickness! Take care!
*HUGS*

Ava Bella said...

I am so excited and happy for you Beth!!! That is wonderful news about your pregnancy. I got to see your mom via Skype last week and she was looking in great spirits. Tom and Kathleen seemed to have had a wonderful visit. Did you get to see them while they were there? I bet they were thrilled to hear your great news!

Tigger said...

Oh my god beth! In the middle of all the stress - and they say stress is bad for us! HA! Shows what they know, huh? :) Grats on all the good news, hugs for all the bad.

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! So happy for you!!! :) ((hugs))

Kaci said...

:) Congrats!

I hope your MIL is able to come home this week. I'm sure she would rather be comfortable at home than in the hospital.

Soapchick said...

I'm glad your mother is on the road to complete recovery. I'm sorry about your MIL but know you will support Grumps and his mom on her journey. You are a very strong person Beth at such a young age. Finally congrats on your surprise pregnancy. I'm so very happy for you, you deserve this new life after such a challenging time in the past couple of years.

Kate said...

Wow - great news!!! Congratulations! :0)

Becky said...

awesome, congrats, so funny how things just happen and now life will change forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Holy McShittersteins! Congratulations on the pregnancy. Huge smile about that.

Your mum and Grump's mum--I'm sorry on both fronts.

C said...

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness!!! CONGRATU-FREAKIN-LATIONS!!!! I'm so excited for you!

Sorry about the breaking of bones, but glad to hear all is on the mend.

Holy miracle, yay!

Busted Tube said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! That's wonderful news!

chicklet said...

Sorry, but I'm focused on the pregnancy tidbit - Woohoo! Congrats!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and your little pea. Prayers for your mom and grandma.

Geohde said...

Oh MY. Congratulations!

xx

g

JJ said...

WOW! Congrats, my dear!

nancy said...

Congrats!!! I saw your chart and was wondering WTF was going on. YAY!!!

Unknown said...

WOW!!! Congrats! So stinking happy for you! After all this time! It is nice to see it finally happen for you! You definitely give us fellow infertiles who have been at it for some time some hope!