Monday, March 2, 2009

Lost my voice

I'm still here - still living this life of mine. There are things going on - lots of them - but nothing seems blog worthy.

I don't have any news on the infertility front. My HSG was a couple of weeks ago, and it came back fine. My cycles seem to be "normal" since coming off the Lupron (ranging from 28 to 33 days), and I believe I'm ovulating regularly. Unfortunately, because of our current situation, there will be no "trying" to conceive. We're not preventing, but............ To be honest, the idea of getting pregnant right now terrifies me.

G's mom is doing miraculously well, and should be coming home tomorrow. She's still not 100%, but is much closer to it than any of us would have believed possible. Her feet are firmly planted on the road to recovery.

G's in school, and LOVING it. He just started looking at his options for next semester (to begin in May).

Our finances are - there. I'm freaked the fuck out about how we're going to get through the next 2 years. I keep telling myself that we will be ok, that we have always found our way through our financial issues before, and we will do it again. Plans have been altered, financial cushions are being padded to the best of our ability, and expenses are being cut to the minimums. Each day the same as the day before, and so it shall be until G has his degree.

And that's that. Wake up, go to work, come home, cook dinner, pay bills, clean, rinse and repeat. Throw in the family obligations, or the rare time with friends, and that's my life. Told you it isn't blog worthy.

6 Comments:

RBandRC said...

Glad to hear that you're doing well! Sounds like you've got a great plan and you will get through it--2 years will fly by! :)

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Hearing from you is blogworthy. You've got a lot going on.

Glad G's mom is progressing so well, and that G is enjoying school.

May you receive the resources you need, financially.

Soapchick said...

It's still nice to hear from you Beth, even if it's just a quick status. Just keep taking life a day at a time, that's all we can do.

Wordgirl said...

It's totally blog-worthy -- I'm happy to hear from you!

The ebb and flow of life -- I hope that Spring brings small and beautiful surprises to brighten up the dailiness of it all.

XO

Pam

nancy said...

I think it's blog worthy. The change that your grumpy had to endure seems like it's going to be a fabulous change - being able to go to school. He'd never of done it had he not get laid off. I'd push my husband to do this same thing. He's always wanted to go back to school, but he would never quit work to do that.

Geohde said...

Updates are absolutely blogworthy.

Hope the finances even out, I find that sort f thing very stressful so I can guess how it feels,

xx

J