Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Anyone need Lessons?

If anyone out there needs lessons on how to help/manage their parents through a medical crisis, I think I'm about to be pretty damned qualified to give them!

My Mom fell on Saturday, in an incredibly spectacular way. She was walking into the basement with a laundry basket, and thought she had reached the bottom step. Unfortunately, she was 1 step up. 2 broken ankles and a broken foot (7 fractures in 5 bones total) + LOTS of ligament damage = surgery today.

She'll be in the hospital for a couple of days, and then staying with family for a while after that. I'll be bouncing between my house, her house, and Grandma's house (where she will be staying).

Prayers for my patience and sanity are always welcome, but are actually NEEDED right now!

8 Comments:

Beautiful Mess said...

OH NO! I'm so sorry! Totally sending you prayers of peace and for your sanity. As well as for your mom. OUCH!
*HUGS*

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Oh, geez, Beth! So sorry for your mom. Ouch!

My thoughts are with you both.

Soapchick said...

I'm sorry about your mom's accident. I hope her legs heel quickly and properly.

BTW - Happy Birthday to my birthday twin. I hope you are able to celebrate today. I have a new public blog - agostinellis.blogspot.com

Wordgirl said...

Hi Beth,

I haven't checked in for so long -- I just wanted to say hello and I'm sorry sorry to hear about your mother -- I don't have much advice -- my mother broke her arm once -- but it was in Mexico after scooting her chair off a ledge while drinking Margaritas..

I know how difficult it can be in the best of times -- and when you add physical challenges into the mix -- I know it can be that much more emotionally challenging...

Please know I am sending you warm thoughts hoping you find an oasis of peace in all of this.

XO

Pam

Lynnae said...

Oh no! Praying that your mom heals quickly and that you are able to get through this with your sanity intact.

Ava Bella said...

oh my gosh...that is so terrible! I hope she heals up quick. tell her we said hi. :-(
My parents will be in Detroit Oct 9th for a few weeks, wish we could come too...hope they get a chance to see you. Take care
-Jim

nancy said...

oh my. I'm so sorry! I hope your mom gets better pronto!

Fertility Chick said...

Oh gosh - I'm sorry about your mom's accident! Thinking about you and your mom.