Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Grief

Grumpy's mom passed away the day after I last published here. She was home, she had family with her, and she went as peacefully and painlessly as we could have hoped for under the circumstances. Since then, we've planned and attended/hosted the memorial service, and are working on the business of "getting on with life".

Grump's is hanging in there, but - as anyone who either knows him, or has been through this would know - it's not easy. He's got school to occupy much of his time and energy, and we both have the excitement of looking forward to Lil H's arrival (OMG only 10 weeks left!), but there are always those quiet moments that you have to yourself, where your new reality sneaks up and kicks you in the ass. I've had them with both my Grandfather and my Dad, and now he's having them (as am I, but to an obviously lesser degree) with his mom.

Grieving is hard frickin' work, but there is no option other than to do it.

14 Comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I'm sorry to hear about your MIL, but I'm happy to hear from you. I have been wondering how you are doing.

Abiding with you as you grieve. And wishing you a wonderful 10 weeks and more.

Beautiful Mess said...

Oh sweetie, I am SO sorry! I hate those moments where everything just comes to kick you in the ass. Sending you lots of love!
*HUGS*

Soapchick said...

Beth - I'm so sorry for the loss of your MIL for you and for Grumps. Grief is so hard and exhausting. I wish you peace, happiness and comfort. I pray your new baby that is soon to be here will help heal you both.

Lollipop Goldstein said...

I'm so sorry about your MIL. Sending love to Grumps and you.

Anonymous said...

With sympathy for your family.

jill said...

Very sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you as you have those quiet moments. Grief is a process, just give Grumps bigs hugs.

rebecca said...

So sorry for your loss. You're right there is no way to get around grief, it is something we just have to move through each in our own way & time.

~LFCA

Celia said...

I'm sorry about your Mother in law. Please make extra certain you are taking care of yourself.

C said...

I'm sorry for you and Grumps' loss. Lots of thoughts your way.

(holy moly! 10 weeks? How fast time goes)

Linda said...

Yes, the only way out is through. It hurts though. I'm thinking of you guys. I hope there's lots of sunshine headed your way.

XOXOXOX
Flicka

Jericho said...

Wow, I'm so sorry about your mother-in-law. Just be there for your guy, you know its so hard. You all can get through anything together. Praying for you guys.

Bea said...

It's a tough job, and nobody else can do it for you. I'm sorry to hear about your MIL, glad it was the best possible of circumstances for her, but still.

Sorry I suck so much at commenting that I am only saying this now.

Bea

BT password recover said...

Nice blog Please check out my site alsoBT password recover .I hope you like my site.