Monday, September 15, 2008

Perfect Moment Mondays

My birthday was not my best day ever. Between work insanity, Dad stuff, the craziness going on at home, and the fact that I turned 30 (which really bothered me more than it should have)... well, let's be honest... I haven't had my best day ever in quite a while.

So when I got home, I was ready to just go to bed. I was exhausted, and wanted to shut my head off for as long as I could.

Until I walked in the door.

The Grumps had made me a card, found a candle (a really really REALLY old emergency candle lol) to light, and set out a brownie as my "birthday cake".

It was ridiculously cheesy in all it's child-like glory, but it was exactly what I needed. It warmed my heart, and my soul, and brought a much needed smile to my face.

7 Comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

The simple gestures can be the most meaningful.

Happy birthday, Beth!

Wishing you a wonderful year (and beyond).

Kaci said...

Awesome. Grumps rocks. Glad he turned your day around!

Anonymous said...

Coming home to someone else in the house is great enough, but a brownie...perfect :)

I had a hard time with 30, too. Anyhow, don't let anyone make you feed guilty for how you feel about turning 30! (you know, telling you "just wait until...")

Tigger said...

Happy Birthday
glad you had a happy(er) birthday
Happy Birthday
Have a happy night! :)

luna said...

happy birthday beth! glad you found a perfect moment.

Beautiful Mess said...

Awww yay for Grumps. That was very sweet. Turning 230 is an AMAZING thing! I'm 32, almost 33 and I've never been more sure of who I am. It's a great journey, truly.
Hugs,
-D

Emily (Apron Strings) said...

Yay! Bonus points for Grumps!

And belated Happy B-day to you!!